|| EVENT DATE ||
Saturday 8th April 2017
|| RACE ENTRY FEE ||
Visit the entry page.
|| REGISTRATIONS ||
Online entries close at the dates/times outlined on the entry page, unless sold out prior (maximum 150 teams). Offline entries will not be permitted, and there are no on-the-day entries.
|| RACE NUMBERS ||
Race numbers will be available for collection on race day only. Please ensure your team has collected its set of bibs prior to 4:15pm.
|| REFUND POLICY ||
If in the unfortunate circumstances a participant/team must withdraw from the event NO REFUNDS will be allocated. Race entry transfers to another team/participant will be permitted up until 5pm Friday 31st March. After this time, no refunds or transfers will be allocated.
Should you need to withdraw or transfer your race entry – please notify Those Guys as soon as possible.
|| AGE LIMIT ||
Participants must be 12 or older on the day of the event.
|| EVENT VENUE ||
Gold Coast Cycle Centre & Nerang National Park
Hope St, Nerang
|| CAR PARKING ||
There is plentiful car parking adjacent to the cycle centre (on Hope St) and on adjacent streets. Please obey any regular parking signs - regular parking laws apply.
|| PRECINCT OPENING TIME ||
Race bibs can be collected from 3pm. Team tents can also be set up from this time.
|| COMPULSORY EVENT BRIEFING ||
4:30pm, at the race start/finish.
|| EVENT START TIME ||
|| COMPULSORY GEAR ||
Each runner MUST have a head torch (or handheld equivalent) with them on each lap of the run. Note that it is also the responsibility of each runner to ensure that they carry any gear they may require for their own safe running while on the course (ventolin, etc).
The compulsory gear must be worn or carried for the duration of the race.
|| CUT OFF TIMES ||
Teams will not be permitted to commence any laps after 8:00pm. Cut off times are for your own safety and the safety of our on-course volunteers.
|| EVENT OUTLINE AND RACE RULES ||
The event is unique in format, being a team-relay night-time trail run. Teams are encouraged to bring gazebo style tents/shelters (1 x 3m square tent per team only), chairs and battery powered lights to set up within the relay changeover zone. Participants are encouraged to make this zone as bright and colourful as possible (make sure you stand out so your runners can find you at lap changeovers!).
- Teams will set-up their own "base area" within the relay changeover zone. This area is where your team will make any relay changes, and it is where teams may leave any gear, food or drinks they may require.
- Teams of 2 or 4 runners will negotiate 4 x 6.5km laps of the identified course. 3 person teams are permitted, however you will be considered in the 4 runners team category (and entry online is in this category).
- Only one (1) runner from each team will be on course at any one time. Remaining team members must be in the relay changeover lane (on the criterium circuit).
- All runners in a team must complete at least one (1) lap of the course each.
- Where individual runners within a team will complete multiple laps they may do so in any order they wish - they do not need to run all their laps consecutively. For example they may run laps 1&2, 1&3, 2&4 etc.
- Relay changeovers must be performed within the relay changeover zone only. Teams must not make changes on course or before/after they enter/leave the changeover zone.
- The relay changeover zone will be a large area along the length of the bitumen criterium track. Runners will exit the forest and continue running on the bitumen road until they arrive at their teams area. Relay changes can then be made and the runner (or new runner) will continue up the road to the exit/timing point of the relay changeover zone.
- Participants will proceed through the exit/timing point in single file only and there may be a short delay experienced here. Please be patient at this point - it is important that each team is correctly accounted for at the beginning of each lap. This will not affect your overall finish position.
- To finish the event, the runner completing the 4th lap for each team will run under the finish arch, which will be directly adjacent to the timing exit point for all laps prior to that - please do not run through the changeover timing lane, and please ensure you run under the arch on your final lap (don't just exit the forest and sit down with the rest of your team!)
- The event will be held on a mix of existing fire management and singletrack trails in areas identified as providing safe yet exciting night-time running.
- The course will be marked with a combination of reflective flagging tape and fluorescent glow sticks. The entrance to singletrack trails will be marked with red and white tape for ease of navigation at crucial junctions.
- Please follow all course markers, do not deviate from the course, and obey the instructions of the race officials at all times.
- Runners may leave food and drink at their team base within the changeover zone only - no drop bags are permitted on course. If participants wish to run with hydration/nutrition products these must be kept with them at all times.
|| WASTE ||
Please make sure that anything you take on to the course that needs to be disposed of after use is disposed of in the rubbish bins provided within the relay changeover zone. Any team caught littering will be disqualified.
|| OFFICIALS / CHECK POINTS / DRINK STATIONS / COURSE MARKING ||
Participants are responsible to carry their own food and hydration they believe they will require for each lap. Water will be available within the relay changeover zone at the end of each lap. Participants will also have access to their team members and drop bags within the changeover zone at the start/end of each lap.
|| PERSONAL BELONGINGS ||
There will be no left luggage facilities at the event. Participants will be responsible for all items they bring with them to the event - these may be kept at each individual team site.
|| TOILETS ||
Portaloos will be available at the race precinct.
|| PRIZE GIVING ||
** EDIT, 3 April 2017 ** We have made the decision that given all event proceeds are going to the Nerang Trail Care Alliance, medals will not be awarded to category winning teams - we will donate the money to NTCA instead. We will still be providing High-5's to all runners.
|| FIRST AID ||
In the unlikely event of an emergency First Aid will be located at the start/finish area, and there will be first aid access on course.
|| RACE WITHDRAWAL ||
In the unfortunate situation a participant/team must withdraw from the event you must inform event staff at the start/finish area.
|| INSURANCE ||
Those Guys Events have event public liability insurance, but this does not cover you for personal injury. It is strongly recommended obtain appropriate health/income insurance taking in to consideration they are taking part in a sporting event which has potential to result in injury.